Turkey is a democratic, secular, constitutional republic with a diverse cultural heritage.
It is an significant actor regionally and globally,
- a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO),
- a candidate for European Union accession,
- the chair of the G20 in 2015.
Turkey is also
- a founding member of the International Monetary Fund/World Bank, the United Nations and many of its agencies,
- a member of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE),
- the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD),
- the World Trade Organization (WTO)
- the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
Globally, Turkey is broadening its footprint and taking a more active role in international organizations and platforms.
Trade and Investment
- strong economic fundamentals,
- young entrepreneurial population
- a dynamic market.
Turkey's geographic location has provided a historical bridge between continents for transportation and trade.
Given its strategic geographic location and trade agreements with other countries, Turkey offers opportunities
- to access other markets in the region, both through partnering with Turkish companies which are established in those other markets, and through its geographical position as a regional hub.
'Horizon 2023' represents the Turkish Government's ambitious plans for Turkey's economic and social development through 2023 - the 100th anniversary of the Turkish Republic.
Embodied in Vision 2023 is Turkey aims to:
- join the European Union,
- develop as a regional leader,
- grow further as regional manufacturing hub, particularly in higher-end products,
- serve as a transportation corridor to Asia and the Middle East,
- provide a safe and secure energy conduit from the Caucasus and Middle East to Europe.